Are you ready to make your jumps AMAZING!!! Here are some exercises that can be done during practice as well as at home. Enjoy! 🙂
Remember: Before beginning your cheerleading exercises and stretches, it’s important to warm up your body and muscles. Get your heart pumping with a couple of laps around the gym or the yard before beginning your stretches and jump practice. You can also do jumping jacks, or a number of other cardio warm ups to get your muscles ready to go. Usually 3-5 minutes of warm up is sufficient to begin stretching for your jumps.
Exercise 1: Straddle Leg Raises
Straddle leg raises are a perfect for helping to improve all of your jumps especially your toe touch! Remember, this is a challenging exercise so you will need to practice this one!
- Sit in a comfortable straddle on the floor and place one hand in front of you and the other one behind you.
- Lean back slightly and lift each leg. Work up to 1 set of eight on each leg.
- Point your toes.
Exercise 2: V Ups
“V” Ups are a great exercise for your abs as well as your legs. This exercise will help all of your jumps and your tumbling skills.
- Lay flat on the floor with your arms over your head and toes pointed.
- Come all the way up and perform a toe touch and then lay back down to your starting position.
- Work your way up to a set of 8.
- Point your toes and SMILE! 🙂
For A LOT more exercises to improve your jumps and all of your cheer skills, JOIN us TODAY – HERE 🙂