Do you have a group of beginning cheerleaders and would love a beginning stunt that you can use in all of your formations? The Pony Mount is the perfect stunt to start with! Here are some things to keep in mind:
- The Pony Sit or Pony Mount is very simple and is one of the first stunts that your team should learn.
- Make sure your base has their arms locked at all times and head up.
- The Flyer should sit on the lower part of the base’s back; if you sit to high, you could hurt your base.
- The Spotter should hold the Flyer at her waist at all times.
- The Spotter should help the Flyer get up and dismount.
- The call to get up is “1 -2 Down Up ” The Flyer bends her knees on the down and jumps up on the base’s back on the up.
- Finish the stunt with the flyer’s hands in a high V and her knees bent up.
- To dismount, the flyer puts her hands on the base’s back and pushes herself off; the spotter also helps pull her off.
- One note to keep in mind, the base should never move. The flyer hops on, finishes the stunt and pushes off without the base moving at all.
For more stunting tips and beginning stunts you can use TODAY:
Have a fabulous day! 🙂