High School: Mckinley High School (OH)
Coach: Debbie Bianchi
School Colors: Red and Black
Years of coaching exp: 30 Years
Team: JV and Varsity
* How do you promote school spirit: We do 1 pep rally. We do a spirit week the 10th game of the year. We make and hang signs around school. We also do a bon fire during spirit week. The team has fun and the school enjoys it.
* How do you motivate the team: Threaten them! Just kidding. They are actually pretty good and it doesn’t take much to motivate them. Sometimes they get bored when teaching the younger members sideline cheers and chants. I try to make a game out it. Right before games the girls like to have a cheer off!
* #1 safety tip: No coach, no practice. No stunting at all when you don’t have a coach.
* Advice for new cheer coaches: This is going to take a lot of your time. I don’t think you really know at first just how much time actually goes into this.
* Most googled cheer info: Not much. We learn almost everything we need to know at cheer camp during the summer.