When teaching new skills to your cheerleaders, here are some tips to keep in mind to help them absorb the curriculum easier to learn faster:
- Make it FUN and SMILE – it so SO MUCH easier to pay attention to someone who is having fun and friendly. 🙂
- Be Prepared!!!!! If you start teaching and don’t know what comes next, you will lose the respect and attention of your team.
- Put your team in a formation and not just standing anywhere – structure is a great thing!
- SHOW what you are teaching FIRST to give the team an idea of what you expect. Obviously you can not show the stunts but you can do the motions.
- When teaching, there is a formula that works great: Teach feet / legs first, arms next and then add the head motions.
- Teach SLOW and LOUD!
- Repeat Often! Remember, repetition is the mother of skill 🙂
- ALWAYS cue the upcoming movements BEFORE they come up.
- GIVE COMPLIMENTS as you go and reinforce the positive commitment that your team is trying and learning.
For more Great Tips, Tools, Ideas and Curriculum to help you have the BEST Cheerleading Season, Join the #1 Cheerleading Resource Community TODAY – Click HERE and Get Your FREE BONUSES with your membership!